Tuesday, April 15, 2008

London Heathrow


Finally in London! My goodness, that was one very long flight! British Airways is the way to go then traveling overseas. The plane was very nice, the food was great, and the crew was very accommodating and helpful. 

Once we arrived in London, I made a bee-line for "The Loo", to wash up. I was hoping that changing my clothes and washing my face would help me feel better. 

We called the kids to let them know that we had arrived in London and that we would be texting them from now on, as the rates for airtime in Uganda would be $4.99 a minute.

Joey and I grabbed a bite to eat at a little deli in the airport. He didn't like it at all, but I thought it was delicious. It was just too healthy for him. LOL! He felt better after a vanilla frappacino from Starbucks. 

To pass the time at the airport, we started a Texas Hold'em game at a Starbucks table. I think I impressed a few of them with my poker skills. ; )

Only three more hours until we board the plane for Entebbe. I have made myself stay awake during this layover, in hopes that I will sleep on this flight. 

No comments: