Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Ties That Bind


I've been home for nine days now. My days and nights are back to normal. I am sleeping again. I still feel like I am lost some days, like I am just existing. I need to be doing something.

One of the things that has been really hard for me is not spending time with those on the team. We spent fourteen days together. We would have breakfast, lunch and dinner together everyday. We worked side by side to build those walls. We laughed and cried together. I miss everyone.

I'm usually at church for all four services on Sunday, and this week, as members of the team would arrive, we would almost tackle each other in the lobby. We were so happy to see each other and everyone talked about how much they had missed everyone. There were bonds formed through this experience, that will never be broken.

I woke up this morning, sad. I don't know why. There is nothing specifically wrong, I am just sad. It's rather frustrating. This isn't how you are supposed to feel after a mission trip. I hope it all passes soon.

No comments: